Current information on COVID-19 in the Czech Republic
We would like to remind you that it is your responsibility to check whether you are allowed to travel to Praha.
Check your country's travel regulations
Check your employer's business travel and/or reimbursement rules
Check the Czech regulations for entering the country
Check your country's regulations for returning home
Check the airline(s) you will be using for your travel
If you are not able, due to travel restrictions, to travel to Prague and you would like to change your in-person participation to online participation, please contact the conference secretariat as soon as possible at email@example.com.
ENTRY RULES to CZE
NEW: Persons who are fully vaccinated with one of the EU approved vaccines in one of the countries given below caan arrive with no additional requirements for any purpose.
Fully vaccinated persons (= at least 14 days after administration of a second dose, in case of a two-phased vaccine) with one of the following vaccines:
- AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria)
- Moderna (Spikevax)
- Pfizer BioNTech (Comirnaty)
- Johnson & Johnson (Janssen)
in one of the countries whose vaccination certificate CZE recognizes:
- EU Member States
- Armenia, Brazil, Chile, Iceland, Israel, Jordan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Malaysia, Moldova, North Macedonia, Norway, Pakistan, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Turkey, UK, Ukraine, USA, Vatican
can arrive to the CZE (or apply for any visa – see article on visa services) for any purpose without needing to observe any additional quarantine measures (i.e. no need to get tested or to self-isolate). You will only be required to fill out an entry form before arriving.
In order to be allowed entry as a fully vaccinated person, you will be required to present your VACCINATION CERTIFICATE.
General conditions for services for e.g. cultural events, restaurants, hospitality, museums, galleries, castles and other can be found at https://covid.gov.cz/en/measures.
Czech venues take your safety seriously. Increased hygiene measures are applied in venues: above-standard cleaning, disinfectants are available for delegates, tailor-made catering, health check of employees and more.
Rules for arrival from abroad
List of countries by risk of infection: https://koronavirus.mzcr.cz/en/list-of-countries-according-to-the-level-of-risk/
List of countries by risk of infection (world): https://www.mzv.cz/jnp/en/information_for_aliens/news/before_you_travel_step_by_step_guide_on.html
EXCEPTIONS FROM QUARANTINE MEASURES – “ENTRY RULES” do not apply to you if you are one of the following:
- international transportation worker
- EU citizen (incl. CZE citizen)
- holder of long-term or permanent residence permit in the EU (incl. in CZE) if transiting through CZE by land no longer than 12 hours and not from an extreme risk country
- holder of long-term or permanent residence permit in the EU (incl. in CZE) if travelling to or from CZE by land for no longer than 12 hours and not from an extreme risk country
- holder of long-term or permanent residence permit in the EU (incl. in CZE) if travelling from CZE by land to a neighboring country for no longer than 24 hours and not from an extreme risk country
- staff of diplomatic missions in CZE, if staying not longer than 72 hours
- diplomatic passport holder travelling to CZE for official purposes, if staying not longer than 72 hours
- official of international organization registered with the Czech MFA, if staying not longer than 72 hours
- child younger than 6
- child 6-12 years old – must get tested but can do so within five days after arrival, otherwise all quarantine measures apply
- minors with mental disorder, autism, cognitive dysfunction or severe mental illness – must possess a medical note in English issued by a physician in CZE or another EU country certifying that this person is not in a position to observe quarantine measures
- professional artist or cultural events essential support staff – must get tested but can do so within five days after arrival, otherwise all quarantine measures apply
- professional athlete, state representations´ member or sport events essential support staff – must get tested but can do so within five days after arrival, otherwise all quarantine measures apply
- cross-border worker, pupil or student (the so-called “pendler”) travelling back and forth on weekly basis
- parent / guardian travelling from Austria, Germany, Poland or Slovakia to visit / take care for a child
- spouse or registered partner travelling from Austria, Germany, Poland or Slovakia to visit a spouse or registered partner who works or studies in CZE
- correctional or police officer carrying out an escort or accompanying an aircraft
- critical infrastructure worker whose services are in the interest of the Czech Republic
- EU citizen holding temporary residence permit OR holder of permanent residence permit issued by CZE WHO tested positive for Covid-19 less than 14 days before the planned arrival – do not have to fill out arrival form (příjezdový formulář), otherwise all quarantine measures apply