Message from the Co-presidents
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
On behalf of World Gastroenterology Organisation (WGO) and the Czech Society of Gastroenterology (ČGS), we are pleased to announce that GASTRO 2021 Prague will be organized in hybrid format, featuring in-person sessions with a virtual component from 9–11 December 2021 in Prague. Registration and abstract submission is now open, and we invite you to attend this premier meeting.
We recognize the impact the pandemic has had on not only personal health but also economic and social well-being. We understand that virtual meetings can never compare to the feeling an in-person meeting brings. The community, networking and engagement are very important features that bring delegates together. Prague is one of the world’s most beautiful and historic cities to visit and she awaits your arrival.
The joint WGO-CGS meeting will be the first top-class international event of gastroenterology organized in Europe since the waves of the pandemic which have affected so many.
The future in general and a pandemic in particular are impossible to predict; nevertheless, we have to do our best to restore our pre-pandemic style of life and blend this with locally specific safety measures. Our priority is to ensure safe and pleasant conditions for all participants and sponsors during GASTRO 2021.
GASTRO 2021 Prague will provide an opportunity for professionals in the fields of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Endoscopy and related disciplines to come together to learn about the latest research and advancements, collaborate with colleagues and actively participate in this rapidly advancing field.
GASTRO 2021 will feature:
- Top-class international faculty
- Concentrated postgraduate education
- Breaking news and innovations
- Symposia focused on hot topics
- Hands-on training
- Live videos of various diagnostic and interventional procedures
- Reduced fees – congress travel grants for young presenters
We look forward to having you join us at GASTRO 2021 in Prague!
Professor Julius Spicak
Co-President, Gastro 2021 Prague
CSG Board Representative
Head of the department of Hepatogastroenterology
Institute of clinical and experimental medicine Prague
Professor Naima Lahbabi-Amrani
Co-President, Gastro 2021 Prague
Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Mohammed V University, Marocco
CME (Continual Medical Education) credits have been requested for the GASTRO 2021 Meeting.
We are pleased to inform you that the GASTRO 2021 PRAGUE is compliant in accordance with the principles and standards set out in the MedTech Europe Code of Ethical Business Practice.
This decision is posted on www.ethicalmedtech.eu!
COVID-19 safety rules
All the present Conference participants are obligated to fulfil one of the following conditions:
- have a negative RT-PCR test not exceeding 7 days old,
- have a negative RAT antigen test up to 72 hours old,
- have a confirmation from a health service provider of passing a RAT antigen test under the supervision of a healthcare professional through an online service with a negative result no more than 24 hours before the event,
- have laboratory confirmation of having recovered from COVID-19 disease in the period not longer than 180 days before the day of the event,
- have proof of COVID-19 vaccination, with at least 14 days since the last vaccine dose (second for two-dose vaccines, first for single-dose vaccines).
In addition, all present participants must have a respirator without an exhalation valve of min. class FFP2 (KN95 / N95) on at all times while staying inside the Conference venue.
You can find more information here.